installing a bigsby vibrato?

floppsybunny

i just bought a bigsby vibrato mount unit and mustang bridge and mounts for my telecaster and i'm wondering if that is something i should try to do myself or whether i could really fuck up my guitar by doing something stupid?

anyone know how to install one of these?

d00d.

Big props for knowing that a bigsby on a tele is awesome.

I tried to find some stuff online, but didn't really find anything useful.

Just measure real carefully and go at it!

floppsybunny said:
i just bought a bigsby vibrato mount unit and mustang bridge and mounts for my telecaster and i'm wondering if that is something i should try to do myself or whether i could really fuck up my guitar by doing something stupid?

anyone know how to install one of these?

If you want to try it yourself, well, that's up to you, but yes, you could easily fuck up your guitar. There is more to it than you probably think.

I'd suggest taking it to a pro. I'd guess it would be somewhere in the range of $175-200 in labor.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

I think this is the kind of thing where if you have to ask, you should probably let someone else do it. Mounting a bridge is a pretty big deal and it will be obvious if it's not done right.

seanr said:
I think this is the kind of thing where if you have to ask, you should probably let someone else do it. Mounting a bridge is a pretty big deal and it will be obvious if it's not done right.
Couldn't have put it better myself. As a rule most of my repair work is from people who have had a go and fucked up. It will cost you less to have someone do it right first time than pay for the repair as well.

Back