Inspiration for the POD

audioforgery

I just heard a really good rumor about the POD: a roady/burner friend told me the shape was inpired by a xerox made of a secretary's rump at Line6. After you look at the unit, there's no denying!

Well, that explains why I like the POD so much. I couldn't figure out why I had such a fondness for the shape.

If memory serves, when the album came out the media kept asking the band what the three LED symbols on the cover meant. They dodged the question for about a year, until some bright fella figured out that the three symbols were the band (Most noticeably, the middle symbol resembles Sting, when he use to punk his hair up in front)

After you know this, they images jump out at you and you can't look at the album cover again without clearly seeing them. We all thought it was pretty cool back then!

Now, would it not be wise to tell my fiance about the POD/ass connection? Think she might get upset at how I look at and touch the POD now?
I better just keep my mouth shut.

P.S. That is the 3rd or so post I have seen today from S8-N without the Thumbs Down icon!?!
What gives, oh evil one, are you still demonic?

Uh... I forgot. Yeah, I'm still the head antichrist on this side of the tracks... Tuesday I was in a photoshoot... One with me protraying dead jesus... And another with me as Adam being expelled from the garden of Eden... Fun stuff.
I just finished(almost) mixing my latest little ditty "Rick James"... I'm just waiting on my drummer to come do his backing vocals... You Freedrive users might be the only ones who get to hear this one cause I kinda doubt that MP3.com will post it... Ya never know...

S8-N

By the way...
If the POD was really inspired by the mud-flaps of a secretary... Wouldn't someone have thought to put the "output level" knob where the "Line 6" logo is???

S8-N

LOL!!!
Ya know S8-N, in between gigs with Mofo, you could probably bring in some cash on the stand up comedy circuit.

I just purchased my pod about two weeks ago, and have been blown away. I feel like a 10 year old with a big fat new box of crayons.

Back