Insolence, Wine and now... RAMI

kindafishy

A few weeks back, I needed to replace the programmed drums in this song with real drums for a submission. The first person I thought of was RAMI, and he graciously agreed.

He did a great job as I expected he would. As you'll hear, this is not really a simple arrangement, but he absolutely nailed it with swagger, style, energy, feel and authority.

RAMI, thank you so much once again for doing this, and for all your help in getting the mix into shape. You were very patient with all the back and forth. It is appreciated so very much. All of it. You're a monster - and your ears are intense freaky accurate and scary as hell.

Okay, enough chit-chat.

Hope you guys dig Music to Murder's Insolence and Wine (Don't Make Me Run) featuring RAMI (that's a bit of a mouthful, eh?) -> https://app.box.com/s/b2ft17zdw8o695qx8haqev41vdbd6e76

Thanks for the listen! Any thoughts welcome.

Really cool groove, as always RAMI is spot on, I love the hat work. the vocals could be a little more out front but that"s nic picking. Good tune.:D

Kinda Funky.
I've had the distinct pleasure of having RAMI pay on a track or three. Superb work that lifted my songs to a new level. He rocks and is funky at the same time.
Parts of this remind me of the funky (?) parts on Physical Graffiti, (the clavinet sections).
I like where the vocals are but would bring the drums up a tiny bit to match the bass.

Probably just push the bass back just a bit to match the drums volume. Some of the backup vocals really stand out (a little loud, but maybe throw a compressor on them?)

Great song, cool vocals. All the parts sound like they were recorded great. I might bring down the guitar level a bit. The bass feels like it's missing some attack, not sure if it's a compressor you can slow the attack down on, or maybe it's just the way it was played? I might try giving the vocals a little more presence, that may not be necessary if you do bring the guitar down though.

Excellent feedback guys, thanks. It's clear I've got a little more balancing work to do and I'll also take a look at the attack on the bass.

Back