Inserting background music and voiceover before recorded interview

downonthestreet

Look, this is ridiculously basic of me, but I've forgotten this stuff after an intensive 2 months using CEP a couple of years ago. If someone could remind me in simple terms, would be most appreciative...

I've recorded an interview that is going to be mixed down to MP3 format for a podcast. Have finished the editing and the interview itself is ready to be saved to MP3. But I want to start with some background music, and put a brief voiceover intro before the actual interview starts.

I can't work out how to do this! I can record the music from a CD in Multitrack, and I can record my VO intro. I understand that I would then need to mix down into wave view and do fade-outs of the music under my spoken intro, then lead into the recorded interview. I can't work out how to get a blank space before the recorded interview to insert the intro music and voice!!

I tried opening the recorded interview in multitrack, but when I used "Insert Time" to put in a couple of minutes during which my VO and the intro music would be playing, it inserted the time into the background music and voice intro tracks as well, so they all start together! I can't remember how to isolate just the recorded interview track to insert the 2 blank minutes. Can someone pls help?

just right click on the interview in multitrack view and drag it back to where you want it...lets say you use track one for this...

on track 2, put your music and on track 3, put your voiceover. Just right click on the tracks and line them up where they need to be, then mix the whole thing down...

Thanks thajeremy - meant to get back and acknowledge your advice at the time. Have just noticed I failed to do that. Apologies. Oh, and your refresher mini-course worked perfectly!

Back