Insert help please, asap?

Amped

Ok, Ive installed a Delta 44 card into my computer, I need to know the exact way to use the insert jacks on my mixer so I can send individual channel signals to the four ins on the box. I have very little hair left after last nights attempt.

P4
XP home, SP1
80g HD
Carvin Studio Mate 612, (nice little studio mixer with decent pre's) no individual channel outs tho.
Adobe Audition
Delta 44
Event TR6's

Also, after the addition of the Delta card and disabling the onboard sound thru bio's, Ive lost the little speaker icon on the bottom right of the screen which used to control the volume, how do I go about controling output volume to the monitors during
playback?

plugging your 1/4" plug halfway in from the channel insert on the mixer will give you direct out.....just go from there to the soundcard input.....

your volume control will all be done in the Delta Control Panel.....

Thanks for the reply, do the "1/4"" plugs need to be a certain kind? Like TRS, mono or shielded?

Ok, I got it to work using TRS cables, the problem now is that its only playing back thru one speaker, Im using a single mic input to the mixer then into a single line in on the Delta box. Is there a way to adjust the line level signal getting to the Delta control board and the Adobe graph? ggrrrrrrr!

Last edited:
Plugging in halfway is good when you want to split the signal, but you only want a direct out so you should be able to go directly from the insert to the delta 44. Don't even need a TRS cable, an ordinary unbalance 1/4" should work OK.

Make sure you select Monitoe Mixer in the Delta 44 control panel PatchBay/Router tab, and set good levels in there

Back