Insert effects and PLUG-IN DELAY

Ace2000

Hello, sorry if this is a cross post, I can't find my previous message and it's directly related to Cubase5, so if you seen this in MP3 forum, I apologoze.

Okay here's my dillema. I'm using the drum synth LM-4 and I want to add compression to the snare. When I add compression as an insert effect and turn it on, there's a slight delay knocking the snare out fo time wuth the song. turn it off, it's normal again. And only as an insert effect...my send effects and masters dont so this.

The manual said to g intop Audio Systems dialog and check the PLUGIN DELAY box, i did to noavail...still there knocking my snare out of time....

what can I do? ALl I want to do is compress the snare with the VST compressor plug-in.

Please somebody help!!!! I've done searches here and went to cubase.net and the closest I've found is somone cklaiming there is a bug in the DYNAMICS VST that causes this delay.....

....does anyone know the skinny?

thanks to all of you who responded!! ha ha, nobody!!

anyways, I did the searching for hours and finally found out the info. It's basically a drawback of Cubase, although Im still happy with it. It's apain that a few people have posted about at cubase.net....seems like the read ahead program screws up VST on MIDI tracks.

Oh well....time to hook up that old ART unit...or maybe not...who knows...anyone know a good VST Compressor plug in that will do the compressing without delay?

Hey there,

Sorry no responses, sometimes the Cubase forum here is like a ghost town for days at a time. Anyways, glad you found some answers on your own. In regards to a good comp. plug, I like the C4 by waves. In fact I highly recommend the waves Gold bundle as a whole. Well worth the cash, don't really need any other plugs as they do sooooo much. Hope that helps a bit. Here's a link to learn a bit about the package:

http://www.waves.com/htmls/prods/bundel/native_gold_bundle.html

Laj

> anyways, I did the searching for hours and finally found out the
> info.

Do you have a link to a good explanation of the problem?

I haven't encountered it yet as I'm just barely learning Cubase at the moment, but it sounds like something that could really be frustrating.

So...if I understand this right, you're saying that you can't use an "inserted" effect in a MIDI VST instrument without wrecking the timing...correct? Any effect on any VST instrument?

Thanks.

No, just the DYNAMICS can't be used on VST instruments, without putting them out of sync.

You can use dynamics on the master with no problems, but id all you want ot do is use them ona VST instrument channel, your screwed...it won't work.

Its the read ahead function within the effect that causes this.

Back