Input/Output Latency Issue

appetite4gnr

I am trying to record guitar using a Line 6 Toneport in Cubase 5. I have fiddled with my ASIO driver settings and I can only manage to get the following stats under VST Audio System in Cubase:

Input Latency 9.025ms
Output Latency 18.073ms

When I playback my recording it sounds off beat. Is this because of the Output Latency Issue? If so how do I fix it? I have tried messing with my ASIO driver settings but whenever I try to decrease the latency everything glitches up. And I am running an up to date PC by the way with up to date hardware.

PC stats make no difference - it's all asio driver and the hardware it's written for.
First off I'd contact Line6 (or see if anyone has any comment on their forums)
You might try asio4all (which isn't really asio and is for cheap builtin soundcards); some people have success with it when an interface's drivers aren't up to snuff....

In the case of line 6 their drivers have always been a little shit (when they came out with version 2.5 of podfarm it was a nightmare for OSX users).

Are you using podfarm in cunjunction with cubase (or gearbox whatever)? If so then you want to set the latency and monitor with podfarm/gearbox and NOT with cubase.

Back