Input Needed

Sounded good. I thought the vocals were really strong, and well defined--good job. Maybe a little heavy on the reverb, though. Have you thought about adding some more prevelent instruments to better define the chord structures? Just an idea. If you did then the reverb would definitely need to be toned down a tad. Nice job!

Soundscaper,
That was really great work you did, one of
the best mp3 posts.

Since it was so good, I will be very critical.

The lead vocal has too much reverb. On occasion,
the vocal is a bit out of tune. Not much, but
just a few notes are flat.

The piano noodling sounds great, I would bring
it up in the mix. Your vocal is so strong that
I would bring up a few instruments a bit.

The fadeout at the end was a little abrupt.

Maybe a few background vocals and harmonies
would sound good.

My biggest complaint, by far, the drums. Sounds
like an ancient fm synth drum Machine. You
need better , more realistic sounds, and different
patterns. Maybe on the second verse, do a cappela
for eight bars and kick in the drums on bar nine.
Maybe a different pattern for each verse. Try to
add som toms at the end of measures four and eight,
by playing them Manually.

Other than that, It was really a pleasure to
hear your stuff, you and your friend are
very talented. Please post the equipment you
used, was there an engineer, etc, I would
enjoy reading what you did that with.
All the Best, David

Hey, nice song Soundscaper!
I agree with what David said, and one other thing I would do is compress the vocal just a bit to limit those peaks in volume.
Overall, the recording was clean and pleasing to the ears.
Try tweaking it a bit and post the re-mix if possible.

Buck

Beautiful song. Good quality recording and nice mix except for the uneven vocal levels. Great lyrics in a song like that should be heard....all of them.

Gotta agree with the above comments about the vocal and drum sounds...nice full overall mix, though...gibs

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. In response to Davidk here is a little about us.

God has truly blessed us!! We own a State of the art recording studio where we record our material and record projects for other people. I do recording full time. Here is some equipment used to record “There is a Man”

DAW
Roland VS-880
Large array of outboard equipment.
Drums” DR-660 although we do have the Roland V-Drums

We are schrduled to release our CD at the end of March 2001.

If anyone who listens to our MP3 knows any radio DJ’s or program managers personally and think they would be interested in giving our song air time give me an address that I can send a Demo to.

We love to get input and suggestions from people. We are young and still learning things. It is our goal to spread the Gospel to Jesus Christ to as many people as possible through music. Keep The comments comingJ Let us know if you know how we can get our music out to more people.

If you know of any other BBS that I can post about our MP3 let us know

Soundscaper,
check out http://www.mp3.com You might want to put some
stuff on it.

If you want to reach a larger audience, record
some secular stuff, too. You guys have some talent,
try an instrumental or non-religious song as well.
I have played many concerts with Amy Grant, and
new hubby Vince Gill. Amy has the wisdom to branch
out and do secular stuff too, and Vince was once offered
to be the Lead Guitarist in Dire Straits, believe it or
not.
I am a fan of God, too, he does good work. I am
a classical violinist, so I know about small
markets to sell music.

I think the word of God can be spread by any type
of music, except for potty-mouth filth which
is catching on these days. When I listen to a
Mozart Symphony, I know how much God has blessed
this composer. I find God in Beatles songs,
McCartney has a true gift for melody.I can
even find God with M Manson, I thank god
that I don't listen to that pathetic Musician.

Think about composers like Bach, who was a
deeply religious Man. His output of music
is secular and Sacred.

My two cents, David

Very clean sounding, and very well sung. I'm not a big fan of electronic sounding instumentation, but it sounds good on this track. You have a good voice for this style of music. I like the song too, and think you could make it in a comtemporary Christian market with some of the minor changes others have mentioned. I also think it would help a lot if you were able to use more realistic sounding drums. The V-Drums are great, and would be much better than what's on this track. Most new stuff I'm hearing on Christian radio stations is leaning towards more natural sounding instumentation, but this is your song and I'm just saying that since you mentioned you are looking to get some airplay. The drums would probably make enough difference by themselves though, as they tend to lead me into hearing the other instruments in a similar way.

If your seeking airplay: Try a search for radio stations (internet and commercial FM) at google.com (or any of the other huge search engines available on the internet). There are thousands of stations and you can see what format they play. Some have sites on the web and you can get contact information and how/where to submit your music. Good luck!

Back