Input issues

Fade

Hey folks. I'm totally new to Cubase and I am having very strange problems with my inputs. I am just running in through the integrated sound card for now (which sucks in itself). There is a mic port on the front of the case and one on the back. For some reason last night the front port (which I had been using all along) became deactivated and the rear port (that I didn't even know about until last night came to life. It happened right after I unplugged my guitar from the computer and plugged it back in. I had a similar issue when I first installed Cubase. At that time I could run in through a USB port. I played around for a while with that and then unplagged the USB mic and connected my guitar to the front mic in port. The guitar worked fine, but ever since the USB has been dead. Is there a way to manually route ports into Cubase? I looked in the manual but I couldn't find anything that seemed to address my problem. I totally appreciate any help. Cheers.

I am not sure. I would think the 2 inputs would be linked, so they should both work. Look in the Options or Audio menu for the Inputs option. That should allow you to configure your soundcard. You should also be using the "line-in" rather than the "mic-in" if you have one. Your recordings will generally sound better this way.

I know that on my computer the auxillery front inputs can be "jumped" so that either they supercede the back panel, or they work with the back panel inputs. Check to make sure the connections inside your computer are still in the proper configuration. Also, how do you have your guitar connected? Mic'd amp, or direct? More info would be helpful.

thane1200 said:
I know that on my computer the auxillery front inputs can be "jumped" so that either they supercede the back panel, or they work with the back panel inputs. Check to make sure the connections inside your computer are still in the proper configuration. Also, how do you have your guitar connected? Mic'd amp, or direct? More info would be helpful.
I'm just going straight in using a Boss GT-6 effects processor for a preamp.

Back