Input from you people

Just A Glance

Alright Im fairly new to recording, ive only been dicking around for about a year and ive only completed a handful of projects, which suck but they are getting better. My parents rock and gave me a bunch of space to do stuff in. The problem is im really sick of the setup i have going on, and the fact that there is nothing to why it is set up the way it is.

So i am all ready to rip this place apart and do it right. Ive already got all the equipment i can handle for now, Ill buy more/better when I get this place functioning as well as it can.

The main room is 13x14, but its not boxy, the walls slope up at about 4' on two sides, so its more of a hexagon. I use that as the control room and occasionally practice in here, this is what im really concerned about, not my second space which is 7x9(i use it for drums, and its a section of a much bigger room). So basically I want to know how you guys would treat it so i can get the best sound out of it. I Dont have much furnature in here except for a desk. I have a lot of heavy drapery to work with and it is carpeted in here. So what do you think? Any details ive left out that you need to take into account? Thank you for reading.

Back