Initial "pop" at start of audio (C4 Studio)

cptnhook

I recently upgraded from SE to C4 Studio.

I recorded an electric guitar audio track, deleted the first few seconds of dead time from the beginning of the track, and there's an initial "pop" at the start of track during playback as usual.

In SE, I would normally cut a little piece from the beginning and do a fade in (either by process or by draggin the blue corner of the track) to get rid of the pop. But when I do this in C4 Studio, it doesn't get rid of the pop.

Any suggestions? thanks

OK, by process of elimination I've found that the culprit is the "dynamics" plugin on C4. When I remove this plugin, the pop goes away.

Is there any Cubase plugin setting that I can change that will allow me to use them without having the pops?

thanks

I'm not in front of the software at the moment, but there is a button in preferences / vst plugins (I think) that is labeled something along the lines of: "Suspend VST3 plug in processing when no audio signals are received". Turn that sucker off, it helped me.

I know it's been a while, but just wanted to report that the above suggestion did the trick - thanks lomky!

Back