Individual Headphone Mixes

Nick The Man

Hello everyone. I recently made the leap to Pro Tools. I have 7.4 running with the 003 RACK and a Behringer HA4700 Headphone Amp. I was wondering if there is a way I could run some headphone mixes with each one being unique?

I was brainstorming, but came up with nothing.. but I feel close. The 003 RACK has 8 outputs, I feel that maybe I can utilize those some way?

Thanks for any help!:cool:

use sends on the tracks

you can create Aux tracks for the master cue faders...then bus sends to the individual aux tracks to create separate mixes. Then set the outputs of the aux tracks to a stereo pair on the 003.

For example...if your tracks from top to bottom are:
Kick
Snare
OH
Guitar
Bass
Vocals

Then if your guitar player wants to hear his vocals a little louder than the rest, set sends on each of the tracks to bus 1-2 and then create an aux master (label it Mark's Cue or whatever). Set the levels on each of the sends to taste....then you can control those entire group of sends with the aux master.
Then set the output of the aux master to Outputs 3-4 (Outputs 1-2 are your speakers). You can set up to three stereo cue sends via analog.

hint, if you set the sends for the tracks to pre-fader you can have YOUR own separate mix in the control room with the channel faders.

OH wow.. I completley forgot that I posted this one. Thanks for the response, we actually ended up going over this in my Pro Tools class since I posted this. I'm yet to give it a shot, but I understand it all now.

Back