Indie Rock/Power Pop song, check it out

Hey guys,

I need some feedback about this new song i did yesturday. I just wanna know what you guys think about the song, recording wise and just in general.

the name of it is: "Having fun can be dangerous"

www.myspace.com/jukeboxhero2

Thanks alot for reading!

Last edited:
Tight mix and arrangement...I think all of the different sounds fit the mood well.

The vocals could stand to come up a bit, especially during the whispering part near the end of the song.

Also, the ride (or is it the hi hat?) is way loud. You might want to tone that down a bit.

Overall, good job.

hey man, thanks alot for the responce! Yeah i'm thinking about going back and either boosting up the vocals on the whisper part or add more to beef it up. And on the Ride, i've thought about pulling it down, what are you monitoring this track on? computer speakers? cause i've found that it does tend to stand out a bit on speakers that lack bass freq. but when this song is in a system or something with lower bass freq. it all sits well. I'll look into it though. Thanks again !

Last edited:
On headphones here. yeah the vocal could come up a little and the drums are too far forward, esp that cymbal. Vocals are nice, cool song

Whispering needs to come up alot imo. I dont like the drum machine coming in first id and so early id rather the guitars come in first. The guitairs need to stand out a lot more. When the song gains emotion you might want to raise em or something.

I think its got potential but this song isnt quite there could be good though real good.

Give us another mix.

Back