Indie Pop - Need some opinions...

Mach5

So I am mixing these songs for a friend. I think they sound pretty great.. but am curious to see what you all might hear..

http://www.moderndaymiracle.com/mike.htm

"Candy Apple" is a really great song. Kind of folk pop. "Autumn" isn't as strong a song.. but has a cool indie vibe to it.

Thanks guys!

Mach

I like autumn mix.........there both cool but I like that one more probably because of the guitar stuff. Sounds mixed well to me. Nice job. What equipment are you tracking through?

The snare is killin me! Bass sounds good. Try bring the level down on the snare. Sounds to me like a Cold Play type singer. Not bad though :D. One of the cleanest I've heard here. Keep up the good work. I'm listening on a pair of Harman Kardons + Sub.

L8er,
livilaNic

Not something I would spin but not a bad tune at all.

I like the ghosty shadows on the vocals...nice touch.

Oh yeah, listening to candy apple or whatever it is....

Well, I am not focusing on mix issues which means it's pretty good.

the Calling...??

Sounds like the singer from the Calling.

I have to say sounds pretty damn good. Nice mix..except for that SNARE!
it's a nice meaty sound but WAY TOO loud!

Everything is real clean and in your face..I like it.

Listened to both of the songs, and they both sound great to me. The snare is a bit loud in "Autumn", but it didn't really bother me that much. Enjoyed the songs. Nice work.

Travis

Nice mix. I dont think the snare is too loud. I would just like to know what you're tracking with also. I like the verbs and delays on the voice and instruments. :D

Back