Indie/emo/electropop? Have a listen and decide for yourself.

trogdor

I just finished this song a week or so ago, and still have a little bit of mixing to do on it but would love any opinions...whether on the song itself or the mix or whatever. This is the first song i've ever posted in this forum so any kind of feedback would be rad.

My band broke up in february so I'm embarking on a solo project with guitar and vocals which are my main instruments, accompanied by electronic drums and keys that I am sequencing with Nuendo. I guess you could compare it to Postal Service if you're into the genre. Anyway, let me know what you think!

The song is called "A Photograph of a Landmark."

http://www.fronder.com/bands/409/music.php

I think the actual mix could be improved a little ... w/ particular attention paid to the vocal treatment ... I would define all the vocals a little better...they come off a little bit muted (not a lot of sparkle). But the rest of the mix is quite good

What distinguishes this piece is the style. As promised, one is left wondering what genre to place this work in. Which suits it fine. It's different, and that's a good thing.

Best-

K

Thanks for the kind words guys! I would like to get an album done of songs in this vein, and am kind of recording as I write...using the PC as a compositional tool if you will. So I want to get the mixes close and will probably perfect them when all of the writing is in place. I will keep posting tracks as I complete them. Thanks again for listening everybody, and I would love to hear more comments if anybody else has got 'em.

Back