Increase sustain

During tracking of guitar tracks I often find that the sustain doesn't last long enough when holding chords. Will a compressor in the chain help sustain, or should I be looking elsewhere?

Thank you :)

You should try something as simple as a thicker pick-that should add a bit more sustain. I vary picks for different sounds quite a bit.

Higher action, good set up, compression and when all else fails...a sustainiac! More sustain than you're entitled to. The sustain will be so much, they'll invent a new tax for it. :D

i've never used a fat finger, but it is supposed to add weight to the neck and make the strings vibrate longer.

another way to increase sustain is to turn up, use some feedback to keep the strings going.

What gear are you using? Thats probably your problem. I never use a compressor and have no problems with sustain.

If it's the guitar itself that lacks sustain try some Tone Pros locking studs. I add them to every guitar I have. Plus it's a bonus to not have the tailpiece fall off during string changes!!

Back