In-Ear Headphones?

fweyd

I have a problem guys..

See, my studio and drum room is just in 1 room. So when I eq the drums on the mixer (using Line in, sorry) to get the sound right.. I need a headphones or In-ear to block out the sound of the REAL drums..

What I planned is.. get an In-Ear and Put aditional Ear Muffs for more Isolation.

But my question is, Can u wash In-Ear headphones ?? How do you clean them or whatever.

Also would it be a good Monitors for me to just hear my drums and EQ it before going to tape ?

Can you EQ after taping, such as bounce the tape to something then have it go threw and eq onto the tape.

In ear headphone's won't give you the response you want for a flat response. I can't think of the name but they do have headphones out there that are very good with isolation and are pretty cheap. (im sure someone will post them)

-jeffrey

Any sort of closed back headphones are going to be the best you can do. I happen to use Sennheiser HD-280 Pro's.

Good isolating headphones will help. The Etymotic Research ER-4p are supposed to be the shizzy for in-ears, but they're pricey.

I can't eq after recording..

Cause my i use the TAPE Out of my mixer to the LINE IN of my soundcard... so all my 5 drum mics into 1 Track in Audition. Sucks.

So I have to EQ it before recording...

So you guys would prefer using Isolation Headphones instead of In-Ear phones like SHURE e2c or whatever.. the 80 bucks In Ear of shure.. then put Ear Muffs ontop ? So its TOTAL Isolation ?

I have the Extreme Isolation cans, and while they are great for tracking, they are pretty useless for what you want to do. The room sound really contaminates the sound from the drivers, which are terribly inaccurate (for mixing/recording) anyway. I plan to try the ER-4s earbuds with 30dB muffs over them, when I have $300 lying around.

When you remove the hearing aids at night, the first thing you should do is carefully wipe them down with a dry soft clothe or Kleenex. :)

Next, inspect the portion of the hearing aid that fits down into the ear canal. If you observe earwax accumulating at the end of the aid, you will need to remove this. Most manufacturers will provide you with a cleaning tool, which may be in the form of a brush, wire pick or combination of both. Carefully, remove the wax. Using the brush provided for you, carefully brush around and in the plastic tubing to clear out the wax. Some patients find that using an old toothbrush is an effective method for wax removal. Many times using the wire pick may force the wax deeper into the channel. :o

Do not use solvents or alcohol, there are special sprays you can purchase that are designed specifically for the cleaning and disinfecting of hearing aids. :D

Back