Importing tracks from Pt into studio one

sparky123

i've got about 22 tracks that were recorded in protools and saved to a flash drive. plugged the flash into my mac and imported the tracks into studio one pro2. Since there are numerous tracks that come in at different times in the song, and and i drop and drag the tracks to the beginning of the time line for each track imported, ... they don't line up correctly on playback. is there a way to remedy this or do i have to try and figure out exactly where to move each track along the time line to adjust accordingly?

Hi there,
It's better fixed at the bouncing stage, rather than the importing stage.
Are you dealing with raw files audio or is important to print the work you've done in Protools? Raw....I hope.

If it's raw just make sure your edit points in Protools (if any) are neat, select the whole session, and go to edit, consolidate.

That'll fill in silence for each track and make all of them start at 00:00:00.

Literally just select the entire timeline, like you were going to bounce a song, then go to edit/consolidate.
That'll flatten every audio track down to one complete block. Each of those blocks will start from the same place - the start point of your selection.

From there it's just a case of finding your new complete audio files in the 'audio files' folder for that session.
tip - if you rename the blocks on the timeline, it'll be easier to find them in the folder. :)

Back