importing mixdowns back into CEP for finetuning

downonthestreet

This is no doubt another very basic question, so apologies for boring the bejaisus out of you again.

OK. You've done a mixdown that you've saved and like, but burning to CD and listening again, you realise there needs to be just a bit of adjustment (the case to which I am referring is a mixdown where I have somehow forgotten to cut all the lead-in at the front of the song - that's all that needs doing). So, how do you get that mixdown back into Edit in CEP, please?

NOTE: I fear I have been messing around with the settings in Multiview since saving this mixdown, and stupidly didn't take note of the vol and pan settings for each track of the mixdown in question - that's why I need to import the mixdown back into CEP, if possible.

Go to Edit View: File/Extract Audio From CD and select the track you want from the CD. It will load as a stereo .wav file, and you can then have your way with it.

Thanks, lpdeluxe. Just out of interest, is there a way of loading the mixdown file direct from the HD instead of selecting it from the CD?

Back