Importing an audio file-problem

deadleafecho

Im new to cubase, and trying to import an audio file (a .wav) I created in Adobe Audition. Cubase tells me its an invalid format, but the session Ive created in Cubase matches the bit depth and sampling rate of the file. What am I missing?

Cubase should pull it in no matter what depth/rate the wav is at and offer to convert it. I would check that Adobe is outputting a straight wav file........

Its a wave file. I dont really know what else to check. It gives me three different variety of wav and Ive tried them all.
Im also having trouble saving mixdowns...I just get 10 sec of silence. bleh cubase

Check your audio drivers.
I don't think it has anything to do with A Audition files.
I use both mentioned software all the time and even if I try to import
some audio with different sample rate it goes well because both software convert them automatically.

Try to uninstall and re install your audio drivers.

I get this problem in SX3 all the time with sample files I get off the net, easy solution - download Goldwave for free, then open the wav file and resave it as a PCM signed wav file at whatever Khz and bit rate you want. I think it's the 'unsigned' wavs that don't go through - works for me everytime with Goldwave though. Get it here: http://www.goldwave.com/release.php

Back