Important Question PT 10

guitargirl7

I'm still quite new to the recording world and was going to need to ask this question some time or another, so I thought I'd ask now. I just finished recording a song, mixing it , and mastering it at my best ability. My question is: how do you export a song? I know you can convert it into an mp3 in itunes, but I need to export it first in WAV format. (From what I've been told at least). There are a few options when I click (File, export). I'm not exactly sure which one to choose...

THANK YOU!

Using:
Pro Tools 10

Last edited:
Hi there
I can't remember if File > Export allows you to print the whole song or just a selection of audio files in a different format.
You might need to 'Bounce to Disk' to print the whole song with all the automation and effects you have.
Previous versions of PT would require you to do this in real time but PT10 may allow you to do an offline bounce.

Make sure you use the 'stereo interleaved' (wav or aif) option for making CDs or playing in a standard software audio player.
16 bit, 44.1kHz sample rate for CD.

Dags

PS. sounds like bounce to disk is what you're looking for.
As said, just make sure to set it to stereo interleaved, wav, and whatever other settings you want.

I'm just warming up. I have to keep it dumbed down for this audience.

Back