Imperfection

Sonic Idiot

Just posted this on a different thread:

Would like to know what you think...will return the favor when I'm not at work...or at least sitting here pretending to be at work. They can chain my body, but not my mind.

Great vocal on this. Nice sound all around. The song kinda rules...a lot.

Saving for my own use, thanks.
I love those roomy claps. Cool composition.

My only nitpicky gripe would be with the cheezball synth sound. I would leave that part out completely or find something else to fill the spot. It takes away from the real feel this has in my not so humble opinion.

because of the harmonies and percussion it feels a little lopsided to me
i might change the panning a little
maby bring up some elements of the percussion?

but the sounds are good

It's totally lopsided...I took a look (finally) at the output VU meter and it is not apparently representing what's coming out of my monitors, which sounds blanced. Or, my head is not taking in what's coming out. Great. I hope something in the chain is busted and not me head.

Well, lopsided or not, I'm enjoying it. Wry humor and self-loathing - the keys to great songwriting ;) . Nice singing and playing. My only complaint would be the vocal sounds like you were a little too close to the mic, but it doesn't really bother me.

Thumbs up!

wow I like it!, every single sound is just so nice, really old'fashioned. The Claps are sweet, gives a nice roomey feel to it all,

Good Work!

- Idgeit

Thanks for the kind words. For any interested parties, since we're all gear suckers around here, my setup is:

Crappy apartment
Echo Layla3G
RNP/RNC
Various mid range mics
Tracktion
KRK V4s
Umm....

I do use a Eurorack to control monitor outputs! (Sticks out chest, stands ground without fear).

Back