Im Stupid, sorry i need help

Dat_Nigga_Pari

ok so i have a nice set of studio monitiors, idk the name but there at gutiar center an not KR Rockets. but theres a knob that says . Input OFF or MAX level. idk what i should set that to mix with. i kept it on normal but idk if i should set to max?

then it says High Freq An low Freq. idk what to set those.. so i kept them at normal. options are Normal +2db +4db should i keep at normal? or .... idk whats better mixing. and i make mostly loud songs so i need suggestions please

You should probably figure out what they are or at least post a photo of the monitors and Input knob so we know what we're working with.

I would think that they came with some type of manual that would explain the basics such as what the knobs, buttons and switches do, and what maker and model are.

I know but i lost them long ago. i been mixing on them for months now on normal. idk what +2db Means or anything. but i mix really well.

They're usually to compensate for various less than desirable location induced set up scenarios. Start with everything at normal, then find the F manual, read it and understand what they're for and go from there. If you don't understand any of it, leave them at normal.

DOWNLOAD THE MANUAL... hello....

Before you worry about the settings, you should worry about the angle and height of your monitors. No knob is going to fix that

shouldnt they be Higher up? an facing my ears? or bouncing off the walls? dammit im lost smh... but i produce high quality music honestly i just have a lot of mini issuses. but i want better results so ill take any pointers you have

If you're making high quality music, don't change a thing. If it works for you, don't mess with it.

i just dont know if its just me tho. i like the way it is but i want it to sound the same in the car an everything!! you know? like it dont sound real 3D when i export an i cant master

i just dont know if its just me tho. i like the way it is but i want it to sound the same in the car an everything!! you know? like it dont sound real 3D when i export an i cant master

Why are you worried about changing your monitor setup then? Keep going if it works for you.

Rule number 1 - if it sounds good, it is good. Rule number 2 - make sure it actually sounds good (made that up but you get what I mean)

The monitors should be at ear height....the EQ switches on the back are for adjusting the overall response, depending where you place the monitors relative to walls, and your personal preference (brighter/darker)....
...the input volume I would set to max, it's mostly to balance the monitors Left/Right and maybe to adjust them based on your source. If the volume pots have a center "normal" position, then set it there and forget it, otherwise max is fine.

I can't understand how you don't know the type of monitors you have....I mean is there a sticker on the front/back...???
When you figure out what they are, just download the manual for them and it will explain all the settings.

Also....that configuraion and your overall room will make mixing a challange, but maybe workable, though I wouldn't use the word or consider "mastering" with it. You will at best manage to eke out a car stereo worthy mix....which sounds like what you want anyway.

Doesn't your back get sore?

Not if you slouch.
On the couch.
There is no ouch.
So don't rat me out if I get no ouch when I slouch on the couch

(Lesser known works of
Dr. Smoothie-juice Suess)

i just dont know if its just me tho. i like the way it is but i want it to sound the same in the car an everything!!

Bongoboy mentioned translation and that's what you're looking for. When it sounds good on one system, but horrible on the next, it doesn't translate. To get good translation, you really need to acoustically treat your room. Based on the pic you posted, we can see your room is lying to you. No bass traps, speakers shoved in a corner, not at the optimum position, etc.

You can dial in a nice sounding mix with what you got going, but it will only sound good on the one system. The room reacts to the sound and causes peaks and valleys in the frequency spectrum. Straight out, it sounds horrible, but you start tweaking and making adjustments to the mix and pretty soon it sounds good. You like it. But you just compensated for a bad room. Then you take your mix to a car (with all the tweaks from a bad room dialed into the mix) and it sounds wretched and your friends laugh at you.

Acoustically treating your room removes the room's influence on your mix. It lessens the peaks and valleys and give your room a flatter response. With good treatment, you hear what the mix is really doing and you make good corrections. Then when you take it to the car, it sounds awesome and your friends call you "da man" ... or whatever it is they say these days.

Treating your room doesn't have to be expensive if you're a DIY'er. I did my small little studio for about $200. Search through the Studio Build forum and research on treatment.

Seriously? Phrases like 'not optimal position" and "if it sounds good, stick with it".

Are we humouring this guy or something?

Back