"I'm So Tired" R&B joint

I listened to the tune, who are those girls??. To be honest I don´t like that kind of music but what I may say is that the backing track is messing with the voice, I think you could place it back or move the vocals upfront just a bit.

TS

all in all it sounded pretty damn professional! ;)
The occasional 15 to 30 cents that she was out tune was sorta buggin though.
If it were me, id just go to graphical mode and fix the pitch glare.
But overall...tight low end, good snare sound, good vocal tone.

Teacher said:
i gotta learn how to use autotune... :(

Ive never used sonar but...
can you make duplicates of the main vocal tracks, and then stash them away for safe keeping?

Also do you have autotune in a printable (audiosuite is what its called in protools) version on sonar?

If you can and you do, ill break off some easy autotune tricks for you if you want em' teach.

Ill make a duplicate of the tracks to be fixed and store em away for safe keeping.
Then i cruise through and find the tuning probs.
I use the graphical mode.
Just capture the region that has the probs and preview it.
Make the necesary edits one by one and print each one.
Good thing about graphical mode is you can litterally see where she went sharp or flat, so IMO its alot more natural sounding than the auto feature.
Once youre done, if you made any mistakes you can still pop up the original track and re-edit that section and paste it into your new comp.
It can be very time consuming, but its worth it to me.

Like the beat... singing uh well i got a wife whos tone deaf too. If autotune doesn't fix it have her sing from her gut. she sounds all nose

Back