I'm Ready To Buy New Monitors

tanlith

King of the Wicker People
OK ... I'm in a position to buy a new set of near fields... I would like to hear as many opinions (with pro's and con's) as possible... I really don't want to make the wrong choice

FYI: My studio is 12.5' X 16.25' and well stocked with appropriate acoustic foam / cieling 'clouds' etc... These puppies will be mounted about 3' in front of my console...

And I have about $600.00 (I can make it $700.00 if I have to ... will just mean I make meals out of Kraft Diner for a month)

thanks in advance!

- Tanlith -

hey dude, I bought a pair of alesis mk2 powered monitors (433.00 including tax) and they are simply amazing. Tried every other pair in a few big music stores and decided on these babies. The salesperson played a shitload of different music for me on many different monitors and we both came tot he same conclusion. check em' out. later

the dude said:
hey dude, I bought a pair of alesis mk2 powered monitors (433.00 including tax) and they are simply amazing. Tried every other pair in a few big music stores and decided on these babies. The salesperson played a shitload of different music for me on many different monitors and we both came tot he same conclusion. check em' out. later

Thanks ... I'll go give em a listen...

Look at Tannoy Reveals, Yorkville YSMs, JBL LSR25s, KRK V-series, DynAudio.... all good choices....

Alesis monitors however, are not generally well-thought of.... although if they work for you, then great!

the alesis are only $349.95.. but at the same price the truths are cleaner monitors than the alesis..
bear covered most of the good monitors in that price range.. the yorkvilles seem to be real nice monitors check them out

Also, the new events sound pretty good. You might want to add them into your list of monitors to listen too.

Yeah, so do my B&Ws. I am really becoming a fan of Kevlar :)
Ill have to take a listen to those KRK's sometime.... pricey though.

Back