I'm Ready For Some Baseball

Resurrect

Anybody else feel this way? I literally can't wait for Baseball season to start. Can't wait to see what the Tigers have for this season.

I am still in hockey mode. The Caps are pretty good this year.

I thought the Nationals had a foundation built for long term greatness but man did that window close quickly. They can still be good and maybe contend but I don't think they are among the favorites anymore.

Did you know, Cincinnati is the oldest baseball team and their first game is always at home? Opening day in Cincy is always a big deal.

Reds won't be doing much this year.

You still haven't got over your "Rugby for soft people" thread, have you!!!

It's not me. Any time, and I mean ANY time a discussion happens involving USA sports, there will be, without fail, some limey saying something about what we call our sports, or how we play them as if Great Britain is leading the world in any kind of athletic competition. I don't know what makes you guys act that way, but you do, every single time. On the internet, in real life, you UK people have a raging insecurity about how we specifically play our sports. I assure you that we could not care less about what you guys do over there.

Ah, its just a bit of fun. I think it comes from an article that was published or some chain that went around years ago saying about "World Series" events that don't actually invite anyone from the rest of the world. + The Six Nations is on at the moment so I'm watching loads of Rugby... and Wales are gonna win this year.

Ah, its just a bit of fun. I think it comes from an article that was published or some chain that went around years ago saying about "World Series" events that don't actually invite anyone from the rest of the world. + The Six Nations is on at the moment so I'm watching loads of Rugby... and Wales are gonna win this year.

MLB is an international sport that is played in the US. Mostly Americans, Canadians, and Latin Americans, but there are lots of Asians too. Not many euros. The "World" in World Series came from a newspaper way back in like the 1800s. The paper was titled *something something world news*, and they supposedly named the championship game after their own newspaper. It doesn't literally mean "world", so your unvitation doesn't have anything to do with nationality or exclusion. It's just a title for MLB, and baseball, more than any other American sport, is very very stuck on tradition. They don't like to alter anything with baseball. If it's always been called "The World Series", it's staying that way. It's not like a UK team would have a prayer at winning it anyway, so your exclusion is moot and probably good for your jingo pride anyway. It's like soccer or cricket for us. I don't know why we even bother with that stupid shit.

Anyway, back to baseball....

I really like baseball, but I have a hard time giving a shit past the first few opening weeks until the playoff push. There are too many games. Too many meaningless May/June/July games. The entire middle of the season is good for a long nap. Then the playoffs approach and things heat up. Good. And then football starts at the same time and I forget all about baseball again.

England are daring to dream. New Australian coach FTW - although I agree with you.

Oh, baseball... something something..;)

Anyway, back to baseball....

I really like baseball, but I have a hard time giving a shit past the first few opening weeks until the playoff push. There are too many games. Too many meaningless May/June/July games. The entire middle of the season is good for a long nap. Then the playoffs approach and things heat up. Good. And then football starts at the same time and I forget all about baseball again.

Wow! You were sure hot under the collar there for a bit. :D

Those hundreds of games are what I love so much about baseball. Rather than an all or nothing blitz, it's a slow, carefully calculated game of chess all year round. And there's a game on almost every day! :D it's great!!!

Back