I'm on the market for some headphones.

Murdersgalore

I'm looking for a set of headphones which is something I really haven't shopped around for much so I dont have alot of references to go by. They need to be loud without having to invest in any kind of dedicated headphone amp. They are mainly gonna be used for monitoring during vocal takes so they don't necessarily have to be flat so long as they don't sound like cardboard. Not too expensive either, I am aiming for less than $100. Any suggestions?

Just make sure they're black...

I use Sennheiser headphones exclusively...

Seeing I only own one pair, that probably doesn't mean much, really, but jeez it felt good to say! :laughings:

I got a cheap pair od Sony studio headphones for $30 - they are real light, padded - they sound good enough - I don't like to mix with headphones so I got them specifically for recording vocal tracks and to just have some basic headphones to check the mix in.

Maybe if I tried some of these fancy shmancy headphones I would want new ones... :eek:

I never really compared them to anything but they sound clear and they are inexpensive.

Those sony's wouldn't be these would they?

2RBd6C0v1v1B-U4VqQhYlYiRMHJz3z1bTw5qULdFfHgTkTAoQ2IlKK-95_m-P3Ne1XbyGDYio0LFzdMkWekMvVB_oQqHx6WnOkaEK-zdEUVJiV_1oO69xaM7bdpQFjzdkPSKf6e808r0On3CvYZyTbd--irjRiOkrKdcs_Hc6ZarNE4fvA9TaI_4MZEjKBw0joEibHk

I have the same pair, only with a rigged up cord and one cup glued stationary to keep it from falling off.

I just read up on the Shure SRH440 and the Sennheiser 280 - they both look pretty good - maybe I will go to GTR center and try some out. When you get your new ones let me know how much better they are maybe I will upgrade!

Sony MDR-V6, Hands Down. As flat of an EQ as can be, and they sound great. I use them for listening, mixing, everything. And personally, I think for about 70 bucks they are more than worth it.

Ifyou can get some more together or you can buy used but the Audio Technica ATH-M50s are amazing.

Yeah so Murder - did yo get new cans yet? I want to know if I should invest in some new ones :p

Back