I'm losing my mind - HELP!!!

Phildo

I heart guitars!
Hi guys.

Please help prevent me from setting fire to my nice new setup.

I'm running Cubase SX (well, OK, then, not so new) on my laptop. Audio/VSTi operations are taken care of with my Edirol PCR1 mini master-keyboard/audio interface.

I've been hugely chuffed with the brilliant way this little setup has worked and I've downloaded huge amounts of lovely VSTis from KVR Audio and others.

BUT

Two weeks ago, a friend gave me Fruity Loops Edition (legal version, no crack - just came with his soundcard or somethingand he wasn't using it). So I installed it, along with 100s of megs of sample wavs which was all very impressive, except for the fact that my PCR1 keyboard now doesn't transmit notes to my VSTis, it seems to transmit contoller information which just makes the mixer channel sliders and panpots move around.

I've uninstalled Crappy loops, re-installed SX and reset the PCR1 to factory reset, but the problem persists. I can't find any mention of it anywhere, so PLEASE tell me how to cure it!!!

If I remember correctly Fruity by default only enabled controller information from external controllers, and you had to check something in the options page to get note on messages into Fruity too. Seems kinda weird that this would affect SX too though. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Edirol drivers (if using it via USB)???

I have seen programs hijack others though. I once installed a demo of Lateral Solutions Guitar Synth, to try out in Logic (which required the use of MIDI yoke to use as Guitar synth is stand-alone). The first time I launched it from within Logic, something strange happened, Logic crashed, and it messed with Logics Sync defaults, and everytime I launched a previously saved Logic song, Logic tried to sync with external gear that wasn't there, even though the songs had been saved with internal sync enabled not external (Preferences are saved with the songs, and changing sync settings on a new song only act globally for the the default Autoload song (If you save them to the Autoload file), so previously saved stuff shouldn't have been affected only songs that would be created by the Autoload????????????????). Of course this caused my cpu to overload like a crazy and it took about a half-an-hour to open, fix, and resave each of my songs (Only about a hundred of them :( ). Anywho, try reinstalling the drivers, and maybe even try reinstalling Fruity and checking for that option, it's along shot I know, but who knows...

Back