I'm looking for vocal tracks

leonardjamaar

Anything hip hop or related in the 100 to the 120 bpm range.
If you have Missy E. I'd prefer some of her stuff, but anything will do. I'm trying to get into remixing, but there are no record stores out here.
I will send $ to cover any shipping/ materials costs via cashier's check or money order.
If you can think of a better way for me to get my hands on some vocals-only tracks, let me know.

anyone?

-L

Not being

A smart ass or anything ...but why don't u just cop some records online? I mean the prices really can't be beat at some places.
I know this isn't much help but i really am confused about your situation.

Peace,

Kevlar

yo

if you cop any acapella's just adjust the tempo in something like acid pro, .... to fit whatever beat you have. that's a small part of what those programs are made for

good look, dolo, jug, and kev.

FYI this is not for profit. I'm just interested in learning how to remix with original beats.

Anyone else?

Spin? Put me on to somethin new...

-L

quick class

let's say you are using acid pro or any other program that allows you to adjust the tempo of the tracks by changing bpm's. drop your track in acid, run the beat mapping wizard to find the tempo of the song. after you have done that then you can tell it to open the project to the original tempo of the song. once you have done that you can then adjust the project to the tempo of the beat that you are laying the vocals to. i usually find some acapella's but have to use the instrumental or full song to figure out what the tempo is.

time stretching is another way to do it. you can do trial and error until you pinpoint the percentage you need to stretch or shrink the track. each time you have to redo the time stretch be sure to hit undo and start from the original tempo. without starting back from scratch you will lose more and more quality sound.

hope this helps. btw, you can find time stretching in all of the sonic foundry/sony programs.

any one else feel free to add any thoughts or/and detail to this.

shareware???

do you mean the demo? if you are talking about the demo version i think saving anything would be disabled, but if it's a trial version then yes, you can do it.

shareware...demo,
tomato...tomato.

i don't know there was a difference.

oh, well. lead the way to the trial version!!!

where can i get it?

-L

leonardjamaar said:
shareware...demo,
tomato...tomato.

i don't know there was a difference.

oh, well. lead the way to the trial version!!!

where can i get it?

-L
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/win95/AUDIO_EDITORS/

ACID Xpress is the free version. ACID 4.0 will be a demo of the full version which, like Jug said, will have limitation (like not being able to save).

That link is good for all sorts of other SW trials and what not too.

http://hqsamples.com.ua/index.php?cat=1

Here's a bunch of links to sites with acapellas. Some free, some you have to register for. I don't think you're really gonna be able to find them arranged by BPM. You have to do that yourself.

Stray

Back