I'm just an idiot with a radio show...

Dave Baker

Yeah, don't mind me. but, if you've ever wondered how Steely Dan got that guitar sound on the first few notes of "Reelin' In The Years", well this Thursday I'll ask that question to the guy who played them. Then I'll talk to the people who are giving that 12 year old downloading criminal free music...legally. But I won't tell you where or when to listen live...that would be spam.

I'll probably be gigging but thanks for the invite.

I keep meaning to send you some tunage but I'm so freakin' busy I never get around to it. I do have some collaborations that have pretty cool "The new world of internet music" stories to go with them. And they're good tunes too. PM me and if that might be something of interest.

Dave, you just keep doin your thing and don't worry about gettin flamed. There are some of us here that welcome your posts.

bd

All right you ass-riding cowboy, lemme' tell you a thing or 2 about internet etiquette...

... (I'm kidding, btw - always a good idea to mention that, lol).

Hey Dave,
...regretfully, Im one of the guys that took a sceptical poke at ya when you posted the first time. We've had spam like that here before, so you cant really blame folks for being a little snide.
...turns out you are the real deal. Welcome to the board man :). There's alot of talent here, as you already know... and i'll be tuning in to hear these crazy bastards broadcasted in the real world for sure. ...for those of us that didnt pay attention the first time... ...where do we find you?

Hey Dave, any chance of getting the archives in a less proprietary format? I HATE the new WMP, and have to go to one of my windows machines, and install it/remove it every time I wanna listen!

W.

Guernica said:
Hey Dave,
...regretfully, Im one of the guys that took a sceptical poke at ya when you posted the first time. We've had spam like that here before, so you cant really blame folks for being a little snide.
...turns out you are the real deal. Welcome to the board man :). There's alot of talent here, as you already know... and i'll be tuning in to hear these crazy bastards broadcasted in the real world for sure. ...for those of us that didnt pay attention the first time... ...where do we find you?

Me too ... you've been very professional ... and you introduced us to your professionality, very professionally ... and that was ... very professional :D

Etiquette? What's that? Hey Waldo, we're working on an mp3 download of each segment, so that's in the future. Again, anyone who wants to submit music for the show can do so through the WTR website or (oh man, should I give out my email?)dbaker@worldtalkradio.com (still time before the show!)...you guys aren't going to believe Elliott. He's an amazing session guitarist with some great tips for home recordists....

Dave Baker: again, I remind you that the purpose of this forum, stated many times by many people, is pretty much strictly limited to discussions about mp3s we've put together.

This ain't personal, and I wish you every success with your show. But you're spamming the wrong place.

And as for anyone who would like to disagree with me, please feel free to turn this thread into a discussion (yet another one) about the purpose of this forum. I invite it.

...nah. Been there. Done that. Waste of time.

btw Dave, I'm still working trying to put together a recording that doesn't suck too much for you to play.... :p I'll let you know whenever that happens. :p

and hey... I heard Waldo's voice for the first time a few weeks back... you got it goin' on with that authentic Canadian accent... how aboot that, eh?

(Alas, I am but a wannabe Canadian withoat a real accent to speak of :( )

:p

WATYF

dobro said:
Dave Baker: again, I remind you that the purpose of this forum, stated many times by many people, is pretty much strictly limited to discussions about mp3s we've put together.

This ain't personal, and I wish you every success with your show. But you're spamming the wrong place.

And as for anyone who would like to disagree with me, please feel free to turn this thread into a discussion (yet another one) about the purpose of this forum. I invite it.

Good thinking, turn this constructive, informative thread into another NON constructive, "NON mp3" bullshit argument...

Does everything have to be so cut and dried, politically correct, stick to the rules no matter what, anal retentive, "this is spam" blah blah blah?

I think it should come down to the majority, and as far as I can see, the majority doesn't have a problem with it, infact I see nothing but good come out of it...

Anyway thats my 2 cents in this discussion, which BTW shouldn't even be one....

:confused:

Back