I'm gonna need some feedback on this question...

Carny1122

Plugin Whore
Alright, so I want to upgrade software. I have Sonar PE 6 and for my personal tastes (don't get me wrong, it's a great program), it just has too much to do and I want a stripped-down program with most of the features of PE 6, minus the bells and whistles. I do rather simple recordings and I don't need all the extras that come with Sonar PE 6. I've been looking at Sonar 7 Studio Edition (alright, alright, go ahead and get on my case about downgrading, not upgrading). I just want feedback on this ONE question: Who uses it, and do you like it?

PLEASE try to keep in mind, I do absolutely NO midi, I don't use any synth anything, I don't use piano roll, etc, etc (hey, I wasn't lying when I said I do simple recordings! ;)). I just want to know how you guys like it. I AM interested in it's "mastering" capabilities (with some of the "mastering" plugins).

Thanks guys!

Sorry I haven't used 'Studio, but since you already sprung for it can't you just ignore what yo don't use? (I just recently cleared out the frikin' tool bars on mine of a bunch of space wasting buttons i wasn't using. :rolleyes:
I can't guess they'd give a you 'down-credit..??

Eh, see there's the problem. I bought a (unknown to me at the time) glitchy PE 6 off of a buddy. It's good, gets the job done, there's just too much for my taste and a lot of it has to do with midi, which I just REALLY don't use (I just do like simple, good-quality demos for bands because I hate to see money wasted at other studios that don't care and just want money). Also, some of the glitches are that I can't export MP3's, when I export .wav and try to convert it to MP3, it won't work, dropouts (and I've got a pimped-out computer, so that's not it), and just some other stuff. And I have money burning a hole in my pocket. I want to stick with Sonar, though, I think it's a phenomonal program.

Back