I'm Back!!! comments please

zero00

Hello to all, it's been a while since my last post, anyway, i just made a new song called "I Know You" and as always i would like some feedback from you guys about the mix/song.

What you think of the verses? yeah there's no guitars, do you like it? i was thinking on adding a guitar melody.

There are some vocals that will be made again.

Well here it is... Link

Thanks to all

Hey Zero,

Songwriting/Production:
Pretty fun song here. Rockin' and upbeat. I like the feel of it. The bassline gets dissonant briefly in the choruses. And I do miss something in the verses. Maybe a keyboard pad in the first verse... Maybe a guitar in the second... just my thoughts...

From a mixing perspective, it feels like everything is turned up to eleven: the guitar, bass, and vocals are all trying to get my attention all the time and it's a little much. I'm sure some level adjustments are in order, and I'd start by dialing down the bass and guitars a little. It may open the mix up a bit.

Like I said, not a bad song. Just needs a little more production and some more time in the mix.

That sounds good. I like the no guitars in the verse. Vocals are nice and clear, guitars are nice and crunchy, and it's a good mix.

The only thing is the cymbals. They're very sizzly and fake sounding, and to compound to that, you're hitting a crash cymbal like every 2 bars at certain times. That's the only thing that stood out as a "negative". Everything else is pretty cool. :cool:

A great leap foreward in your work!

LOVE the chorus....except for the funky notes mentioned before. Really thoughtful and interesting arranging. Even a modulation!! Kewel.

And I really dig the edge on the guitars. Got a big sound.

If you ever work on it again, try speaking the verses like David Bowie! It'd sound ominous, and lend that great chorus even more shaboom!

Than to all of you guys...

alphacrom: wow, everything comes to your attention... i have no idea how to change that... i always look for a nice sound of every instrument by itself and then i try to fix the frequencies so they stop the fight. That's all i do and that's were my limited knowledge ends, please give me a tip.

Rami: you always find my cymbals fakes, and that's because they are fake haha, they are from the Superior Drummer 2.0, you really have amazing ears, i'll never notice the difference between the real ones and this. I'll check them anyway tomorrow.

Jeffmaher: thanks man, i'm very glad that you like at least the chorus, i'll check the bass notes, i also hear something weird (recently noticed, so thanks). Hahaha, i think that if i try to do a Bowie tune, i'll end screwing it, i really suck, don't ask me that much.

Thanks for your comments, other?

"alphacrom: wow, everything comes to your attention... i have no idea how to change that... i always look for a nice sound of every instrument by itself and then i try to fix the frequencies so they stop the fight. That's all i do and that's were my limited knowledge ends, please give me a tip."

I actually agree with others who say the instruments all sound good. No doubt about that... guitars are edgy and snarly and the bass carries the bottom end well. I just think they can be levelled down a little bit, volume-wise. This of course, is just my opinion. Everything is audible, so your eq's are great. My taste suggests a volume change... that's all.

I also like the suggestion of a spoken word verse (a la Bowie)... you should try it out and see how it fits.

Again, though, good tune, man.

The only thing is the cymbals. They're very sizzly and fake sounding, and to compound to that, you're hitting a crash cymbal like every 2 bars at certain times. That's the only thing that stood out as a "negative". Everything else is pretty cool. :cool:

+1

I don't think the sizzly-ness would even be as much of an issue if the cymbal wasn't smashed so often.

Hello to all, i just uploaded a new version, new lyrics for the verses and bridge, also i took out some cymbals like Rami and Mattdee1 said... not all, but some. I also changed the last chorus, with higher notes.

I tried to make the verses as a Bowie tune, but it was horrible, so i keep the same melody.

Please, let me know what you think.

Link

I really dig the guitar sound, drums sound pretty good too. Mix sounds fine to me. The one thing i can't get friendly with is the voice. To me it lacks the necessary anger and colour that this style needs.

Joey :)

Hi joeym, i agree with you about the voice, i hate my own voice... anyway thanks the comments, i still want to give more power to the guitars, specially in the chorus, but first i'll wait for the recording of the real singer.

Cheers, and thanks.

Myspace and your soundclick embed started playing at the same time and it sounded like a bunch of random noise and drum beats. I had read everyone Else's comments and was like WTF?! "THIS IS A GREAT LEAP FRWARD"?

Then I stopped sound click and it sounded so much better :laughings:

The only think I would recommend is maybe putting more energy into your vocal performances. It sounds OK, but it feels a little held back to me. Feels like it could be a lot better that's all. It's not too bad either way though.

Don't hate your voice, you're still trying to find it. Just try to reach down and let your emotions pour out vocally. Like vomiting only less gross. I'm sure you can find some videos on youtube.com that will help you find the emotion in your singing. Although you can take someone like tom petty for example who's a boring singer, but they some how find a way to make his boring voice come to life.

Back