I'm back, beeyatches

Rock Star 87

Just a quick question. I'm in the process of recording a new song, and I recorded all my instruments today. I like their sound, except for the lead synth. Sounds beautiful, except for this hideous low growl. You should be able to hear it from listening to it. I have no clue how to get rid of it. Anybody have any suggestions?

Speedy Sample

Thanks a bunch guys!

I suppose you could try highpassing it, but there may be a better way. Is it a real synth, or a plugin, or a sampler, or what?

Sounds like an amplitude modulation to me. At a subaudio rate, somewhere between 5 to 10 Hz, maybe? Is it being retriggered or is there some amplitude modulation being added to the patch's amp section? Sounds like the AM waveform might be a downward ramp wave. Just my two cents...

Cheers,

Otto

Rock Star 87 said:
Just a quick question. I'm in the process of recording a new song, and I recorded all my instruments today. I like their sound, except for the lead synth. Sounds beautiful, except for this hideous low growl.
The first thing I'd try would be to switch the oscillator from sawtooth to sine or square wave; sawtooth waves like you have do tend to have a buzz to them. Especially the one on that synth which has a bit of a bump on the negative-side decay. Or try another synth with a better sawtooth profile to it's oscillators.

Barring that, you might want to try either hard-shelving everything below about 700Hz-750hz or use a harmonic filter with a fundamental around 220Hz; you have a 60Hz series down there that I believe is the cause of what you hear.

G.

Last edited:
Back