I'm almost definately in the wrong forum

ste20man

HI.

i want to use my Panasonic HD TV as a second screen that copies what i see on my VGA.

I have only 1 VGA port on my PC and to buy a splitter and converter would be £75.

Does anyone out there know how i can use my Xbox 360 to recieve the VGA data and then pass it on to my TV.

I do this with movies but would like to have an exact copy of the VGA screen running on the tv in real time.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance, Ste.

No 'almost' about it! If your TV does not have a VGA input, you need some type of device that will convert VGA to HDMI (or whatever you tv will take). You can get a 'Y' CGA splitter cheap, but note that unpowered, the signal may be degraded a little.

Hi, thanks for getting back so fast Mike.

Will the degraded signal be unwatchable?

I'm think I'm going with:

SVGA VGA SPLITTER MALE TO 2 TWO DUAL FEMALE Y MONITOR PC TFT 15 PIN LEAD CABLE | eBay

1.5M MALE TO MALE SVGA/VGA PC MONITOR TO TFT CABLE LEAD | eBay

HDMI SCART RCA DVI VGA SVGA DB9 HD Cable Adapter 1080P AV 1M 2M 3M 5M 10M 20M UK | eBay

With those 3 things i can have my SVGA monitor and Panasonic running the same picture.

I have read that because the SVGA port is analogue and the HDMI is digital that this will not work. Is this true? Cheers' Ste.

Well, the 'adapter' needs to be able to convert the analog signal to digital - I can't look at your link (ebay - not available at work!), so it's got to be some powered a-to-d converter device.

Back