I'm A Believer (cover)

kjam22

Got into a little contest with a couple of friends. We each are suppose to cover a Monkees tune. I covered I'm A Believer because I generally have vocal issues... so I avoided anything by Davey Jones.

It's just for fun and I thought some of you guys would get a kick out of this. It has the one and only vocal appearance by Mrs. Kjam22. (this music stuff is not her thing)

Link is ......

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2124&alid=-1

cool....
more like the Neil Diamond version....

good job getting that 60's sound man...
organ sound is dead on...

I would say just a little too much verb on the vox
intro was a little short too...
good stuff though...

take it easy man..
Joe

I like your voice, but could you please consider to let TripleM sing this, via Internet or something. With his vocal/ overdubbing technique it will definetely get REALLY cool.

Good job by the way. Very very nice.

LOL..... thanks Joro.

F_cksia.... I wouldn't mind if someone else sang it. Like I say..... my vocals always have issues. Just not my gift. Thanks for listening.

Not bad --- but a weird lack of bottom on all tracks! There's no low-end to speak of anywhere on the tracks.... the guitar has the jangle but no lo-mids, and you can basically only hear the upper-register of the bass track...

Did you accidently mix it with a low-cut filter on the mix buss or something? The other possibility is you're mixing with a sub that is set for far too much bass relative to the other monitors, causing you to think there is more bass content than there actually is....

The Monkees Rock!!

Great cover, I just bought the Rhino greatest hits.

Allmost forgot how great these tunes are.

Nice spirited version, great work!!

GT

Thanks for the listening GT. This was just a fun song. No big project.... just fun.

BLue Bear. I thinned the guitar out a lot on purpose. It's a martin d-41 that I thinned down to that sound. Was looking for that sound. Maybe to much? Thanks a lot for listening and commenting.

kjam22 said:
Thanks for the listening GT. This was just a fun song. No big project.... just fun.

BLue Bear. I thinned the guitar out a lot on purpose. It's a martin d-41 that I thinned down to that sound. Was looking for that sound. Maybe to much? Thanks a lot for listening and commenting.
I think too much - but it's not just guitar - I didn't hear any low-end period!

Back