illegal error

rajaa11

I'm using cubase vst 32 on a pc........and alot of times it stops working and says " this program has preformed a illegal operation " then cubase shut down amd my computer freezes up. I 'm using a AMD duron with 700 mhz, 256 mgs ram , two internal 30 gig hard drives and windows 98 se..............if some one can tell me what i'm doing wrong................peace

What version of Cubase are you running? Make sure you are updated to at least 5.0 R5. Versions earlier than that can be a little buggy. You can get updates for 5.0 here:

ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/download/pc/Cubase_VST/Cubase50x/

You can also try versions R6 PB1 or R6 PB2, but these are public betas. They are not "officially" released and so are not supported by the support team. But if R5 does not fix your problem, I'd try R6 PB2.

Hi , Jimh thanks for hittting me back....i have try to down load the updates and when i install them it says " please plug in protection key " then it cancels out......what should i do?

Yeah, jimh I figure that one.............but i going to try these usb box that speeds up the connection with my roland u-8. It is a controller that hooks up through usb, and that really only the real time it crashes when i close out and it has to read the usb connections.............peace

Back