If you've recorded a CD at home that you're selling, please check this out

lykwydchykyn

Lovelabormusic.com is a review site for homebrew recordings. We're trying to bring good amateur/indie music to the world, but we need people to submit CD's to help build the site. I think I posted about it a while back, but there's been such a lukewarm response I don't think people got the message. Please check out the site and if you have a project that meets the very simple requirements, give it a shot and submit. We've got three reviews up already, you can see the quality of the reviews.

Any comments about the site are welcome, I'm trying to build this to help the homerec community, not making any money off this myself. Check it out!

www.lovelabormusic.com

some thoughts

This seems like a good idea, but the execution of the site could use a litte(lot) of work.

Actually going to the website, feels like a dated homepage, and the content will not attract music fans, which you need if you want to attract submissions. There's just simply not enough content in an interesting format.

I'm not trying to be harsh because I heartily support the endeavor, but, go to the other music-zines online, how are they laid out? What kinds of articles do they have? Do you want to also supply tips on homerecording?

You need content updated weekly and a killin' design.

Anyhow, just my thoughts, I hope they're taken in the spirit given.

Goodluck with your project.

Thanks; I've received a lot of commentary on the site design, I plan to do a redesign. I'm not much of a web designer, and this being a not-for-profit site I don't have much budget to hire one, so I'm doing the best I can.
I can't really update content weekly if there's no content. I know what your saying, but there's nothing to put at this point....

lykwydchykyn said:
Lovelabormusic.com is a review site for homebrew recordings. We're trying to bring good amateur/indie music to the world, but we need people to submit CD's to help build the site. I think I posted about it a while back, but there's been such a lukewarm response I don't think people got the message. Please check out the site and if you have a project that meets the very simple requirements, give it a shot and submit. We've got three reviews up already, you can see the quality of the reviews.

Any comments about the site are welcome, I'm trying to build this to help the homerec community, not making any money off this myself. Check it out!

www.lovelabormusic.com
hey am new to this forum but this seems very interesting. i have done a lot of ethnic(ethnic as in asian music) music and remix that are in the market. i was wandering how i go about doing this for world wide listners.something like the cornershop boys.

rathkana said:
hey am new to this forum but this seems very interesting. i have done a lot of ethnic(ethnic as in asian music) music and remix that are in the market. i was wandering how i go about doing this for world wide listners.something like the cornershop boys.
I'm not sure I understand your question

sorry i mean i do indian music.i wanted to do something with english language.and ad some indian tabla and other stuff

sorry rathkana I don't understand how this relates either . . . are you gonna submit a CD?

lykwydchykyn, I liked your site, and will be keen to submit a CD, but at this stage I just don't feel it's up to par. I'm gonna re-record the whole thing and then submit it, so don't give up on the site, there's probly plenty of others who are thinkin the same as me . .

i want to submit my cd BUT i would like to know if you'll understand what my music is COME ON Guys am trying to tell you that my music is indian.I mix old indian music with modern music. dont tell me you lot dont know what a TABLA is! its a indian drum that can be tune

yeah I know what a tabla is. I brought one back from india when I was there . . .

I'm just guessing, but from lywsdkyn (or whatever it is) 's previous posts, you should go for it and send your CD. I'd be into hearing some of your music - is there a website where we can listen to mp3s? if yes, post it in the forum bro . . . :)

Yeah, the design needs work, even little things like reducing the filesize of the logo on the first page. I know a lot of people have fast connections now, but i'm still on 56k and the whole point of your first page is that you instantly navigate away from it (i.e. into the site), it's off-putting watching an image loading that slowly, how about a sexy little text-link? That's just a minor point, but it all helps.

Just out of interest, why no mp3's? I could point you to some of my band's music right now, as could many other people, you could offer the link on your web-site, add a review and let other users post reviews of each others music. You'd have a content-rich website and a community building itself pretty soon.

Back