If you could have any 10 amps what would they be?

punkrocker

So lets have some fun and GAS OUT:D. Ok here's mine

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier (Already have this one).

Mesa Boogie Stiletto Duece

Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Marshall JCM 800 2204

Marshall Plexi 45

Orange Rockerverb

Bogner Ecstasy

Peavey 5150

Splawn Quickrod

Soldano SLO

Your turn!

10 Dumble Overdrive specials. Then I would sell them and buy a house. At $25,000 a piece, why the hell not. Or at the very least, I'd pay off my student loan.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

One is good for me

Brian Setzer has two...this one is mine.

Attachments

• _080308_2155a.jpg
    _080308_2155a.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 116
Of the 13 I have, my Fender Twin (evil twin) gets the most use of any of them. My Fender Pro 180 gets used a lot too (not bad for a solid state.) Fender Princeton Chorus gets a bit of use and Fender Bassman gets turned on fairly often. Ibanez GX 60, vox AC 30, Carvin SX 200, Marshall 30 watt, and Kallamazoo M2 all get used occasionaly. The rest are off brand practice amps.

I have three OK amps - a '78 Marshall Superbass MkII for tube, a Jade Clubman 80w for solid state and a tiny Pignose for fun & some great sounds.
What I don't have is a good guitar cab. I play through a 200W Etone single cone box & a no name homemade cab that has 2 200w cones in it but I don't know if they're in series or parallel.
I need a little cab with a nice guitar speaker in it.

Marshall 1974X
Roland JC-120
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Diezel VH4
Fender Super Six
Any Trainwreck
THD BiValve
Marshall JCM800 (w/o clipping diode)
Ampeg Reverberocket
Vox AC15 Handwired

Gibson EA-79 RVT
Ampeg Superbreverb
'62-'63 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Something that says Magnatone and Tremolo on it
Tweed Champ
Epiphone Electra
'60s Vox AC-30
Swart Atomic Space Tone
Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Matchless JJ30

Some Mesa Rectifier.
Some Fender tube.
Marshall plexi
Marshall some high-gain..
Bogner Shiva
Framus Cobra or Dragon
Some Matchless
Some Sovtek
Zvex nano
..maybe one Engl.. or some vintage, like a Selmer:o

In no particular order:

Vox AC30CC2X
Fender Champion 600
Fender Bassman
Ampeg Reverb Rocket
Pignose
Fender Dual Showman
Ampeg B200R
Vox T60
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Vibroverb

The amps that I "make do with" (again, in no particular order):

Peavey TransTube 258 EFX
Line6 Guitar POD 2.0
Vox DA5
Vox T25
Line6 Bass POD
Peavey Classic 50/212
Fender AmpCan

I've got a few others that I don't really use, otherwise I guess I'll somehow survive with what choices I do have.

Matt

Marshall Plexi
Marshall JCM 800
Mesa Dual Rectifier
Dr. Z Mazerati 38
Fender twin
Fender Blackface
Orange something-or-other (id have to research)
Crate BV300 (dont laugh.. I played one once and thought it sounded awesome)

I'd have to do some research before I picked the rest.

You know I never knew about the dumble overdrive special till this thread and I listen to some clips. I don't get why its so expensive. It certainly sounds good but not 50k good. What gives?

I think it's all about supply and demand. Dumble has been building amps for over 40 years, and there are only a few hundred out there. Add to that the fact that they are built for famous or otherwise very reputable players, and you get amps with near zero supply. The amps sound pretty darn good, are built like tanks, and many famous or otherwise very reputable players use them. Now your demand is high. Low supply + high demand = high price, and it's magnified in this case by a factor of approximately 40,000, which is the cosmological constant of guitar player neuroticism.

There are a number of pretty good clones out there. Even those can be pretty pricy unless you build a kit.

EDIT: Trainwrecks are the same way, except there are far fewer and they are no longer being built. I think the guy who built them passed away.

Back