if you can take this Curse...

Well - I made it to the end. I like it, the vocals have a real soulful feel. She's a good singer. The overall mix is pretty basic, like it needs something to break it up. I'm thinking a sax or clean guitar lead here and there.

Great tracking. I must admit, she can wail over two chords, like nobody else. Awfully reminessant of "Do You Believe"...the same style two chord pattern, and unfortunately thru the whole song. You need a bridge, a B section, some interludes, seques...whatever. Add a couple more musical sections, I'm sure Uru will wail with what ever is presented to her, and the song goes up a couple notches instantly. Btw...couldn't you get a "name" drummer on "Do You Believe"?:p

please sir!! forgive me! Its only a demo, I'll put some music with it honestly!:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

a name drummer? I dunno. see, this guy really wanted to be in Uru's band, and then he moved to Santa Barbara as well, so I just don't have the heart to kick him out. He's on the wrong side of 50 and he says he's been trying hard all his life... I know, I know, sometimes having a heart puts you on the wrong side of success:confused:

sjoko2 said:
please sir!! forgive me! Its only a demo, I'll put some music with it honestly!:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

well you better damn well get to it right away!! I'm tired of slackers posting unfinished demos, and lousy incomplete mixes. You're on the timer, buddy...:eek:

sjoko2 said:
I know, I know, sometimes having a heart puts you on the wrong side of success:confused:

Ha!....I knew a guy who did that religous stuff....said words like "prick"...everyone told him he was a hyprocrite for saying such things, he wanted a heart, like the feline in the "Wizard of Oz"...but instead, only owned a bunch of guitars.:( His success was telling extremely talanted people his opinions, and actually getting replies. Can you imagine that?;)

that explains why I've never owned a guitar then - thanks.
I'm all depressed now. Does all this mean I have to learn another chord? That sucks. I always thought twowilldo:mad:

hhmmm.... haven't heard of the three chord song, have we??..

G- L- O- R- I- A...........

no shit!! sorry about that....of course my condolences to you, and especially for your parents. but wow....wadda ya know! I'll just say :( and :)

hmm,

sounds too similar to Do You Believe. that was my first thoughts.

sounds good, although i dont like the arrangments of the stereo backing vocals, and uru is quite off key on them (allthough i know it doesn't matter for demo purposes).

those drums sound very yamaha-rey.i say that because im sure i recognise that snare.

i dont really care for the parts where uru impros on her own. it's great for her, but the adlibs need to be arranged a little more in my opinion. that adlib at 4:14 really annoyed me, im not sure about anyone else. ive noticed a lot of uru's stuff has a particular fashion, one section, wide backing vocals, another section, then the rest of the song is Uru improvising. i think it just needs a fresh approach in some way.

just my opinino. never the less, a nice song.

-Romesh
ps.

when are you going to record the final versions to these tracks? that's what im interested in hearing!

sorry, i guess i must have given off the wrong idea. when i said quite off key, i wasn't talking major tones or anything. but it IS out. listen at about 1:40.

oh, was it a yamaha kit?

LOL No - not a Yamaha kit, an Aynsley hit
And no - its definately not out of tune. I'm afraid you are talking to someone cursed with perfect pitch here :) don't believe me? put an autotune on a sampl and you'll see

are we talking about the snare drum? cus ive heard that exact snare on a thousand yamaha keyboards. fair enough if its not.

i too have perfect pitch.

it sounds out compared with the other harmonies.

Back