If There's A Program That I Download Off Torrent Site And It Has A Serial Number....

pacman9000 said:
uuhooouuuu, contraire moofrair, this forum has already been an immense help...try again.

There's plenty of people on this forum who use illegal software, fact.

Really?? OMG I'm so shocked. :eek:

Mostly the fun of ragging on you is that you are pretty clueless, making yourself out as some kind of rebel, and can't even figure this very basic shit with the whole internet at your fingers.

And retardo- here is another clue. You do of course realize this is a public forum. What kind of moron is going to put himself out there in plain sight?

They aren't going to let you in anywhere good, you are a blabbermouth.

boingoman said:
Really?? OMG I'm so shocked. :eek:

Mostly the fun of ragging on you is that you are pretty clueless, making yourself out as some kind of rebel, and can't even figure this very basic shit with the whole internet at your fingers.

And retardo- here is another clue. You do of course realize this is a public forum. What kind of moron is going to put himself out there in plain sight?

They aren't going to let you in anywhere good, you are a blabbermouth.

:laugh:

you just said that no one hear approves of illegal software, so nobody approves of it yet they all use it, what a bunch of hypocrits you and your small circle of friends are.

I'm sure there's plenty of cool peeps on here though...

danny.guitar said:
But you still want to pirate software? :confused:

this is gonna become one of those things where he says "well the big companies that overcharge for software DESERVE to be ripped off!" just like the last huge 'crack' thread.

of course nobody's gonna know every single law, and yeah you have a point there. Still, it's pretty clear that downloading, cracking, and using for free a software program that should be paid for is stealing. and it's pretty much common knowledge that stealing is bad.

seriously, just use Reaper and be done with it. there's no argument to be won here. you can DL Reaper and use it for free for the trial period, and it's 100% fully functional.

and there's really not much difference between "cracked" software, and using a serial number. it just depends on what type of copy protection the software uses, and what way the thieves weasel their way around that protection.

EDIT: damn, he already tried to use the "corporations deserve to be ripped off" excuse before i could finish my post. but i totally called it! :D :p

pacman9000 said:

you just said that no one hear approves of illegal software, so nobody approves of it yet they all use it, what a bunch of hypocrits you and your small circle of friends are.

i'm one of the people here on this forum and i don't use any illegal software, just so you know... :rolleyes:

:confused: I'm just curious as to why you want to know the difference between the two pirating options. They will both get your desired job done, just through different routes.

zed32 said:
of course nobody's gonna know every single law, and yeah you have a point there.

Indeed, I'm glad some can still see the forest for the trees.

and it's pretty much common knowledge that stealing is bad.

:laugh: a bit naive to say the least

seriously, just use Reaper and be done with it. there's no argument to be won here. you can DL Reaper and use it for free for the trial period, and it's 100% fully functional.

thanks for the recommendation I am going to check it out...

and there's really not much difference between "cracked" software, and using a serial number. it just depends on what type of copy protection the software uses, and what way the thieves weasel their way around that protection.

thanks for the 411 I will take it under advisement

pacman9000 said:

You are so stupid it's painful. It's called discretion. Google it. Maybe you should have your mom help.

And lots of people here, pro and amateur, are legit owners. Eventually you kind of have to be, if you are going to get anywhere.

ps- I bought all my software.

Motioneso said:
:confused: I'm just curious as to why you want to know the difference between the two pirating options. They will both get your desired job done, just through different routes.

johnhoe said:
Also with regard to the "cracks eventually screwing up the computer" argument, I think that illegitimate software which only relies on an illegal serial number is likely to work better than software which relies on a crack, which has inserted extra programming code. So there is a clear difference here.

this quote seems to speculate that software packaged with a serial number will work better and won't have added code as with the cracked versions...I was thinking that the serial number is the one that comes with the original product when purchased retail and that the person just copies that software and gives out his serial number???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

i would like people to comment on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zed32 said:
i'm one of the people here on this forum and i don't use any illegal software, just so you know... :rolleyes:

I actually don't care either way, if people pirate all the computer software in the world maybe eventually no companies will make it and there will be a huge market for reel 2 reel recorders which will then be produced with much more frequency and sold cheaper then in the past plus you will actually be able to service them and get parts.

pacman9000 said:
this quote seems to speculate that software packaged with a serial number will work better and won't have added code as with the cracked versions...I was thinking that the serial number is the one that comes with the original product when purchased retail and that the person just copies that software and gives out his serial number???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Here's comment! You're a retard!! :)

boingoman said:
Here's comment! You're a retard!! :)

go away man you're an old square, I'm putting you on ignore from here on out, laterz

and I have no problem being called a retard, i have plenty of mentally challenged friends and they are great people, I think your parents failed to instill in you proper values and edicate.

pacman9000 said:

if the program uses just a serial number for copy protection, then all you need is a serial to get it to work. but some programs aren't that easy, and they have to be "cracked" which basically means someone goes inside the program and fucks around with the copy protection, or adds some code to get around it in order to get the full functionality of the program without having to pay for it. sometimes you need a crack AND a serial number to get full functionality.

the easiest way around all this is just to buy it.

pacman9000 said:
and I have no problem being called a retard, i have plenty of mentally challenged friends and they are great people.

you mean all the kids who rode on the little bus with you to your special classes? :p

haha sorry dude, the setup was there...

zed32 said:
you mean all the kids who rode on the little bus with you to your special classes? :p

haha sorry dude, the setup was there...

you always remember your childhood friends, those were 'special' times for me...

pacman9000 said:
and I have no problem being called a retard, i have plenty of mentally challenged friends and they are great people, I think your parents failed to instill in you proper values and edicate.

The software thief who can't spell is accusing me of poor values and education. :p

Go watch The Matrix for the 400th time.

ps- I found the info you are looking for on Google, in about thirty seconds.

You are like the dumbass in the group who can't stop saying "I'm really fucking high man, got anymore weed?" when you walk by a cop. :p

pacman9000 said:
you always remember your childhood friends, those were 'special' times for me...

yeah, and apparently you still haven't forgotten your roots. :p

Back