If I wanted to record a guitar cover, how can I....

WesternHaikus1

Use Cubase to have the song playing in headphones while I record? Ideally, how could I get the song to play along with and still be able to monitor my guitar?

I tried some youtube searches, but I don't really know how to phrase this question for searching. Any help would be appreciated!

Maybe I misunderstand the question, but couldn't you just record the song to a stereo track in cubase and then set up your guitar on another track? The physical connections would depend on your hardware.

Yes, you should be able to import audio files to a Cubase project and use them as your backing tracks.

What audio interface do you have? It should have some provision for hardware input monitoring that is designed to let you hear what you're playing/singing while recording it to separate tracks and listening to the backing tracks.

RTFMx2

Apologies gentlemen. I'm using Cubase on a brand new, empty computer so I haven't even installed Adobe reader to read PDF manuals that came with Cubase. I probably should get on that haha

Apologies gentlemen. I'm using Cubase on a brand new, empty computer so I haven't even installed Adobe reader to read PDF manuals that came with Cubase. I probably should get on that haha

Yeah, probably. :)

Though, if you are anything like me when I first started, it will seem quite foreign in the beginning. Then after using Cubase for a while, things will start making more sense.

Let us know when you hit a wall. It will likely happen. We are here to help, but starting with basic knowledge is a good start. :)

Back