Ideas for compositions

JMarcomb

hola,

havnt posted anything over here in few years but recently decided to fire my engines back up

sold alot of my equipment around a year ago... just have my guitars left, casio keyboard from when i was a kid(using for midi trigger), and an old gibson amp for a guitar preamp

picked up a used 192 audiophile soundcard on Ebay for $60 a couple weeks ago and started to come up with some ideas.

using sample CD's i have along with the computer i built

just looking for opinions on the what you like and dont like in the following samples... not really looking for mix opinions... because i just mixed them really quick on headphones... mostly musical direction opinions for a style on my next cd

Thanks much for your ears!

please ignore the amp noise from the amp... not using any noise reduction

ps.. ill listen to some other peoples stuff tomorrow... hitting the hay right now.

Last edited:
listening as i write...
Liking the "sample" very much! ..nice "landscape" made me nod my head like an idiot..:D
I'm rippingthat for a cellphone sound!..:D ...too happyyyyy!!!!
also liking "sample0", nicely groovy in a cool way.

I like the big bottom on these..

The rest were a tad mellow for my taste, but that's me.
Nice use of the keyboards there!

thanks for the listen jouni

yeah.. i figured the scandinavian folks would like the syth stuff :D

it sounds like im going to have to find a happy medium in between too mellow and medium mellow :)

Sample0 - sounds great - big fat sound. The mix is pretty clean and clear. The guitar sounds a wee bit compressed at the beginning but tapers off later. There's lots of dynamics here making the whole tune pop nicely.....

:D:):D:)

thanks ido

theres isnt any compression on the guitar... could be a biasing problem on the tubes in the gibson... shes an electrical mess :D

Back