Ideal Computer?

Cody0103

I found this computer, Its a gaming/entertainment Computer. But im not sure if it would be ideal for recording music. I would assume it is since its for gaming meaning it has a good amount of RAM, and nice sound on it. I want this computer becouse, when im not recording i like to sit around and play some games. Any ways. Would this be a good choice?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=4166256&sku=S445-DT0004&srkey=gateway%20fx7026

Last edited:
A gaming PC is more focused on the video cards more then RAM. In this case though I'd pass.

1. For the price you could build one like that with new parts and not worry about anything refurbished. Or if you didn't build one you could buy a new machine in the store for around the same price with better specs.

2. It's tigerdirect.

One you add the cost of a good monitor in there you're up there in price.

OK so aside from the tiger direct thing here are a few things to consider

1) It's refurbished, that means somebody all ready returned it to the manufacturere for some reason

2) Most of the actual components are not listed. You don't know if your getting TI, VIA or someone elses Fire wire (you want TI), You don't know who makes the MOBO, Drives or anything else and if they are reliable and have good compatability with your audio Gear

3) Good gaming sound playback is highly coloured. A good gaming sound card is not a good audio recording soundcard. A?D converters at the very best extremely poor. (hint on board sound is not even particualarly good for gaming)

4) gaming cases are not designes to be quiet and Mini tower is always hotter and noisier than full tower because of space constraints and poorer air flow

This is not necessarily a bad audio PC but then again it's not necessarily a good one either. It's a crap shoot and you can do better.

Back