i'd like you all to listen and respond

dcptnsdcvd

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=1538/album219

hello all, i would like you all to listen to these songs and get an idea of what kind of sound we are achieving. then tell me what your overall opinion is.
it's kinda hard to find people still intrested in the traditional rock/metal sound these days. everyones into the new age metal sound.
anyway, regarding that, we are looking for a vocalist. (i know this prolly isn;t the right forum for this, but i'll ask anyway)
now, given that not alot of people are intrested in the traditional metal sound that we have, we are being very careful with vocalists. we want the artistic and creative side of the traditional metal vocalist, but posessing something new, original and appealing to the modern audience. we would like to find the perfect one. but we don;t want like a traditional metal vocalist. we kinda wanna re-invent the metal vocalist. the biggest thing is they have to be a serious vocalist. not someone who wants to scream and yell and bang their head. someone who takes singing very seriously and artistically.
does anyone here know of anyone in the community that you would recomend we listen to?
and if any of you have ideas as to what kind of vocalist YOU would like to hear for this music, thats the most important part of this post, please gimme your ideas.
just to let you all know, the vocalists WE (me and my band) like to hear are like Chuck Billy (Testament), Maynard J. Keenan (Tool) - personally my favorite vocalist alive right now, Lajon (SevenDust), Corey (Slipknot - for the heavy side of our songs, we do like some screaming, but it's still gotta be artistic), Layne and Jerry (Alice in Chains, the band's overall favorite band as far as vocals goes) and of course, Phil from PanterA.
your input is very much so appreciated!
Mike...

Well you've definitely nailed that late 80's "traditional" metal sound. No doubt about it. If I were listening to this in high school, I'd have been all over this stuff. Sounds like good playing and I like the overall sound, the bass seems to gets lost though, doesn't come through for me. Sorry I'm just a listener, can't help with the vocalist (I'm hearing something like Maiden in my head). Good luck and nice job live recording metal :D

damn.... I just got transported back to 88. Nice writing and playing. Doesn't seem to be much stereo spread in the mix. And the bass is pretty non-existence. I read that these were recorded live? How many mics on the drums?

Back