Ibanez X-Series

esactun

Anybody know where I could get a case (hard or soft gig) for an Ibanez X-Series bass... it's the pointy, gods-of-heavy-metal-styled type, just over four feet long from tip to tip. The point on the headstock could kill people (though I prefer the sound to do that :) ).

I bought it used a few years back, and trying to play out without a case is tough. And custom cases cost many times what I paid for the bass! Even when I've found a used/aftermarket case long enough, the pointy style means that the neck is hanging off into East Japeepee, at least 20 degrees off from where the case thinks the neck should go.

Vaguely related: Anyone here down-tune? Any tips on getting clearer sound from ungodly low registers? I don't tune to B anymore ;) , but I really like C-C#. Fits my vox range better (when it's relevant... who grunts in key? Hell, so many bands don't even bother to SOLO in key, bad Kerry King ripoffs...)

Tuning

My vox is comfortable in the same range. I used to tune to C#, but because of intonation issues with my guitar, I now tune Eb with a dropped C#(Db). It's easier on the fingers too. Try it, it might help if not. You can always play with a heavier gauge strings. And buy some finger weights.

F*ck with EQ or try a different speaker setup. What are you using now?

Back