Ibanez Jet King 2

BrettB

Has anyone ever tried one of these, or has an opinion?

I am thinking of buying a humbucker equipped guitar (I now only have a standard Strat) to extend my range, but I don't want to end up with a LP copy (the real stuff is o expensive) and I like a guitar with character. It seems pretty sweet, gets good reviews and I like the looks of the guitar.

Anyone any opinions?

Thx!

I really like the feel of the jetkings (both kinds) they play pretty well, the only thing I'd change about those is the pickups, which is an easy upgrade to do later and is a problem that you could encounter with any guitar that cheap. I'd recommend them.

Thx for the info, IR!

Anyone else any experience with the JTK?

Ibanezrocks, would you choose the JTK1 of the JTK 2?

I don't know which one I'd pick... they sound and feel the same, so I guess you should go with whichever looks better to you if you've played both and can't decide.

I have a Jet King I...but it's hella overhauled now. I only bought it for the body style and the feel. I changed all the electronics, tuners, and moved the switches and knobs to where I wanted them..the bridge is the ony hardware that is original. I liked the Jet king II but it was a little thicker and a little heavier. I personally prefer lighter weight...as long as it doesn't affect tone or anything else. Those are my thoughts on the subject.

Back