I wonder how much this will put me back

vestast said:
Cool. This thing could be really usefull. It's being added to my wish list.

:)
Yeah, it'll really help you out! It will even let you record from your provided location of "On the toilet"

mshilarious said:
Seems kind of pricy--I can do that with a wireless keyboard & mouse, minus the two-line LCD.

That is how I was thinking of going, but this device gives you the added functionality of seeing where you are and what track you are at etc, etc.

Obviously not for everyone, but it could be a handy device for drummers etc.

sile2001 said:
Yeah, it'll really help you out! It will even let you record from your provided location of "On the toilet"

That's where I do some of my best thinking, not to mention the natural reverb in there works well.. :)

vestast said:
That is how I was thinking of going, but this device gives you the added functionality of seeing where you are and what track you are at etc, etc.

Obviously not for everyone, but it could be a handy device for drummers etc.

That's true. I can just pull my monitor with me, but that could be useful. I was thinking that it's pretty easy to get the LCD on your own, but if they've got driver support in all the usual DAW apps, that's a big time saver.

yeah, you could just do it with a wireless keyboard and mouse. Does your wireless keyboard and mouse function well at over 10 feet though? If so, please tell me what kind it is:D

xstatic said:
yeah, you could just do it with a wireless keyboard and mouse. Does your wireless keyboard and mouse function well at over 10 feet though? If so, please tell me what kind it is:D

My issue is I'm building another room and I'd like to be able to use it when I'm recording myself. I might try what Rip has done in that article I linked. Another thought is using VNC from a remote laptop.(http://www.realvnc.com/download.html).

"Uses high-frequency RF technology: no wires or line-of-sight required, and no added interference"

Ever record a stratocaster in front of a monitor ?

My pet peeve for sure.

Back