I wish FMR made a really nice everything!

Hehehe, yeah that'd be nice... It would be even cooler if they came out with a RealRealNicePre for like $1000 that smokes everything in the sub $2500 range!

They should make me a RNG...

A Really Nice Girlfriend.

And it would work out cause you know she'd be cheap!

Every time I talk about FMR products people look at me like I’m stupid. No one has heard of FMR audio especially Guitar center, music stores, and local studios. Its a shame.

Anyway, I love the concept. Most businesses will make something for as cheap as they can, advertise it to death and then sell it for as much as they can get away with. FMR doesnt do that!

hey chris I've got a slightly used RNG!! I hate to part with her but I need the cash for more equipment...email me for details...

FMR will have the RNEQ out in the next year or two. This was confirmed to me over the phone 6 months ago by Mark himself. Other cool stuff will probably follow, like a brick wall limiter I think he said. Hard to remember.

A nice foundation for a project studio is the FMR RNP, FMR RNC and the Speck Model ASC. There's too much music you can make while you wait around for the next FMR release so I'm not going to worry.

Steve
www.mojopie.com

the rnc rnp speck combo is a good combo i like it anyway...but sometimes i do wish i had a pre with more balls ..same goes with the compressor...distressor and neve clone is in my way distant future :(

tubedude said:
FMR will have the RNEQ out in the next year or two. This was confirmed to me over the phone 6 months ago by Mark himself. Other cool stuff will probably follow, like a brick wall limiter I think he said. Hard to remember.

I like the brickwall limiter idea, but there's enough good, cheap EQ out there as it is (see: dbx 242, orban, symetrix, rane, etc.).

Would be nice if we could see a good limiter in the $200 range. Closest thing we have now is an Aphex dominator, and you usually see those going for $500 or so on ebay.

chessrock said:
Ithere's enough good, cheap EQ out there as it is (see: dbx 242, orban, symetrix, rane, etc.).

i'm pretty sure if the RNEQ would come out it would be in the speck class of things...which btw sh!ts on every plug in eq i've heard and i've heard pretty much all of them besides the oxford or the gml..but thats IMHO

every engineer needs a speck in there life...

The Speck ASC is a great EQ. It's definitely a pro level piece of gear.

On the comment about the RNP and RNC made by Teacher, I want to say that I hear you brother. I think that the FMR RNP/RNC combo as well as the Speck ASC leave one in the position of not having a single excuse. If you can't get it done with those then you better gear won't help. However, it's damn nice to have a DI like a Millenia TD-1, or a mic pre like the A Designs MP-2, or a compressor like the TFpro Edward the Compressor. With gear like that you're moving into the territory of creating more than competent recordings. And, it's awful nice to still have the FMR RNP (great on guitars), RNC (great clean compression in super nice mode), and Speck ASC (a wonderful musical EQ).

Steve
www.mojopie.com

Teacher said:
i'm pretty sure if the RNEQ would come out it would be in the speck class of things...

I guess what I'm saying is we already have the Speck, so why do we need another one in what I'm assuming will be the same general price and quality bracket? If you need something even cheaper, the dbx 242 and/or some of the earlier Bob Orban models should get you there just fine.

I would agree that a limiter would be nicer as the speck is there. However - Mark did a bunch of work reportedly on an EQ unit which he then somewhat put on the back burner when the Speck was introduced. That said - since a lot of the work (as far as design) has theoretically been completed, he might as well introduce it so that FMR has a nice collection of basic components. It will be interesting to see it when it comes out and how he differentiates it.

Back