I Want Your Crappy 4-track recordings!

Here's an instrumental version of Stevie Wonder's "Boogie On Reggae Woman" I made with my old Yamaha MT-2X circa 1990. I programmed the drum track on my Alesisi HR-16, and recorded rhythm guitar and then bass (my hand was killing me after playing that bass part). Then I overdubbed the lead guitar part in one take. I think I miked my Carvin. I used a Yamaha RP-100 (I think it was called), a half-rack reverb box, for the delay...

Last edited:
Here's one for laughs..........

I recorded this back around the 1986 time frame, I think it was my first tracking on my Yamaha 4-track...

Anyway, it's in the DAW now but not likely to do anything to it.

Hope you enjoy!

barabajagal said:
I had fun last summer employing just this kind of thing... did a new CD of a bunch old stuff rescued from my old Vestax ...snip....

Vestax? I haven't heard of that in a long time. I'm trying to remember when, it's way back in my memory for some reason.... :confused:

Look at you, successfully resurrecting this thread from a year ago ;)

I was wondering where it went, I've been thinking about it as I'm pouring over all my tapes in boxes here, looking for some tunage to add to a single CD i'm working on. maybe some bonus tracks or fun stuff, etc... :eek:

I'm searching for my song, "Macaroni Girl" Odd title? Hell yea, but I miss it. I may never find it, but I'll waste hours trying..... :(

Ok.. Ok... I'll bite.

Here is a tune that was done a while back on a pair of minidisc stereo recorders :)

I did everything on it except the vocals in the bridge... that was a friend of mine.

Warning... It is religious if anyone is offended by it.

Velvet Elvis

79_Les_Paul said:
I recorded this back around the 1986 time frame, I think it was my first tracking on my Yamaha 4-track...

Anyway, it's in the DAW now but not likely to do anything to it.

Hope you enjoy!

Yay for Mid-West Power Pop! :D

Shoes Rule! :cool:

Here is a cover of The POLICE - 'Message in a Bottle' that I did with my band some time ago on some crappy equipment. They were a very young band...I was the oldest by a couple of years. Everyone else under 19 at the time! Enjoy this rough track. Right click and save target:

I always did like this thread, I want to add to it, but haven't gotten around to digging up the oldies. And space on NW is limited. I do have a cassette sitting up there on a shelf, maybe I'll take it down, wave and mp3 it.

groucho: final fri nite

that song reminded me of some stuff:

kinda like "dr hooks freaker ball" meets "dew drop inn"

i liked it...and cool harmonica. tasteful harmonica is an art.

Back