i want a voice effect/ processor

tj jr.

I have a mackie cfx-12 mixer and a m-audio sound card. I was looking to get something that can control the mic a bit. Something that can take the vocal and reduce the highs and boost the lows, kinda even things out. I think im looking for a compressor/ limiter/ gate, but not sure. Is this what im looking for? If so, is there one out there for about 100.00 - 200.00 that will do the trick? I am looking at the Behringer Tube Composer T1952. I know it doesnt do much for warmth, but will it serve my needs?
Thanks for tha info in advance,
Tom

tj jr. said:
I have a mackie cfx-12 mixer and a m-audio sound card. I was looking to get something that can control the mic a bit. Something that can take the vocal and reduce the highs and boost the lows, kinda even things out. I think im looking for a compressor/ limiter/ gate, but not sure. Is this what im looking for? If so, is there one out there for about 100.00 - 200.00 that will do the trick? I am looking at the Behringer Tube Composer T1952. I know it doesnt do much for warmth, but will it serve my needs?

Check out the FMR RNC (Really Nice Compressor) and work with a pop screen, mic positioning, room treatments, etc. rather than throwing too many effects in front of your vocals.

I got an rnc compressor. Nice.
Thanks
I know my post is only about a year late, but ,
better late than never.

Back